Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
Part – Time (Split shift)
The team of Boys & Girls Club of East Scarborough is tailored to the needs of our neighborhood community to tackle relevant social issues, encourage and empower children and Youth, and help them set a Path for success. We are currently recruiting for licensed childcare programs who provide quality service for children from 18 months to 12 years. We welcome people to join our team of multi-disciplinary staff with a real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
Reporting to: Manager, Licensed Childcare Services
As an Early Childhood Educator, the successful candidate will be responsible for following the ELECT and HDLH framework to plan, develop and implement age appropriate and culturally diverse activities that support cognitive, emotional, physical and social development of kindergarten and school age children. The RECE will ensure the successful implementation of daily program. The RECE will provide guidance, reinforce appropriate behaviors, supervise and interact with children effectively. The RECE will be a dynamic, highly motivated individual who is committed to the principles and practices of the licensed childcare programs.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Registration in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with children in a group licensed child care program
• Working knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and Toronto Children’s Services AQI, Health and Safety and Provincial licensing standards
• Working knowledge of E.L.E.C.T. Framework and How Does Learning Happen?
• Strong ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate and bias-free hands-on activities for kindergarten/school age children
• Experience working with children with special needs
• Proven ability to communicate in a professional manner with children, parents and staff
• Excellent work ethics (be punctual, flexible, reliable) and commitment to quality care
• Experience maintaining accurate records and statisticCurrent Standard First Aid and CPR
• Current Vulnerable Sector Check
• HIGH FIVE training (an asset)
• Applicant will work with kindergarten/school age children
• Available to work in a split shift 7 am to 9 am and 2:30 pm to 6 pm with the possibility of additional supply hours in between those hours with children of all ages ranging from 18 months to 4 years
• Potential full time hours (7.5 hrs/day) on non-instructional days (e.g. PA days, March Break, Winter Break and Summer)
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use Job Code “RECE Part-Time – 017” in the subject line.
Job Status: Part – Time (Split Shift) – 1 year contract
Hours: 27.5 per week
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted; The East Scarborough Boys and Girls Club is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applicants from all Human Rights protected groups. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.